The first leading legacy neighbourhood for London, situated on the doorstep of The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, has today revealed its new identity - the East Village, London E20 - and will be ready for residents to move into in 2013.
Announced by QDD (a joint venture between Qatari Diar Real Estate Development Company and Delancey) and Triathlon Homes (a joint venture between First Base, East Thames Group and Southern Housing Group), at a time when the poor provision of high quality housing in London is the subject of great concern, this exciting new neighbourhood will initially deliver 2,818 new homes. In addition to 1,439 private homes mainly available to rent, there will be 1,379 affordable homes offering the choice of buying or renting to people with a range of income levels.
This modern neighbourhood breaks the mould for UK residential developments dominated by a short term developer/trader model and disparate, often absent private landlords, and responds to the capital's housing crisis and the needs of Londoners for high quality, long term homes.
Combining inspiring design by a number of the world's leading Architects, East Village will provide more accessibility, space, stability, security and world-class facilities than any other London residential development.
QDD and Triathlon's investment and long-term plans for East Village highlights a renewed and long-term confidence by the private sector in London's residential property market and guarantees residents the benefit of a responsible, consistent landlord. This long term approach will ensure the highest standards of service and internal and external spaces, for all East Village residents for many years to come.
Home to over 6,000 Londoners in a space equivalent to St James's Park and unlike any other residential development in London, East Village will combine the vibrancy of city living with un-rivalled outdoor space and world-class facilities.
East Village offers residents:
- A choice of 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses, all uniquely designed by 16 of the world's leading architects and offering spacious open-plan layouts, large balconies and winter gardens
- Tree lined streets, open parkland, private courtyard gardens, wetlands and proximity to the beautiful Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- The buzz of over 30 local shops, cafes and restaurants
- A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, which will offer first class education to 1,800 students aged between 3 and 19 from 2013
- A state-of-the-art Medical Centre which will provide East Village with over 60 different medical services
- Europe's largest shopping centre, Westfield Stratford, just 5 minutes' walk away
- Endless leisure facilities in the Olympic Park and beyond
Residents moving into this new neighbourhood will enjoy living in one of the capital's best-connected areas. Canary Wharf can be reached in 12 minutes, the West End in 20 minutes and St Pancras International in just 6 minutes - residents can whiz to Paris and beyond. For the frequent international traveller, all London airports can be reached within the hour.
Modern and sustainable living is at the heart of this new neighbourhood. All East Village homes are designed to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 and new standards have been set for reducing environmental impact and carbon emissions. All energy is produced locally through Combined Cooling Heat and Power (CCHP) Plants which reduces carbon emissions by 68% compared to similar residential developments.