Disorder in London - information for businesses

By newham.gov.uk / 12 August 2011

Disorder in London - information for businesses

Information for local businesses

Disorder in London - information for businesses

If you own a business and have any CCTV footage or information about the disorder, call the dedicated Newham police number 020 8217 5078.

If your business was a victim of looting and you have not been visited by the police yet, please keep CCTV footage in a safe place for the police to collect.

You should identify any property stolen as soon as possible. Provide details such as make, model, serial numbers and colour. Please ensure your stock records are up to date.

There are a number of things the police are asking businesses to consider to assist with the investigation. Full details can be found online, along with the latest crime prevention advice and information on what to do if your business has been affected.

Who to call

To report a non-emergency incident call the police on 101. In an emergency always call 999.


Information and intelligence

Newham Police has set up a dedicated number for Newham residents and businesses to report any information or intelligence relating to disorder across the borough.

Call 020 8217 5078 to report anything that might be useful for the police. This could be descriptions or names of vandals, or information about looters who are in possession of stolen goods.

Newham Council's Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour hotline
To report anti-social behaviour or harassment to the council call 0800 731 3300.



To report crime and remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. You do not have to give your name and you could receive a cash reward.


Victim support

For free and confidential information, practical help and emotional support for victims of any crime call 0845 30 30 900 or visit www.vslondon.org.

Keep checking www.newham.gov.uk/cctv for new images of people the police would like to speak to.